Business Development Manager
Flexiramics is a dynamic scale-up with enabling solutions to many markets and applications. We would like to hire a Business Development Manager to lead the activities in strategic industries and applications. The Business Development Manager is a new role as a colleague and this is an exciting opportunity to develop, lead and implement growth plans that should lead to very large and profitable businesses. Our ideal candidate for the role of Business Development Manager will have 3-5 years’ experience in B2B business development and will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative to help build the future of our company. Equally at ease with the fuzzy front end and the highly structured stages of projects, will join and inspire a multifunctional team with R&D and operation teams of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
Your responsibilities as a Business Development Manager?
- Defining markets and applications where a strong value proposition can be developed. For instance, PCB’s, cover layers or electrical laminate, but also in a broader perspective.
- Contacting value network players to generate interest in the technology and value proposition;
- Screen and select potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings;
- Lead customer focused projects in line with the market priorities;
- Deliver milestones on time for the project led;
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities;
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events;
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients;
- Developing goals for the BD team and business growth and ensuring they are met;
- Coordinate internal activities to make sure they deliver in time for the customer projects. In the role similar to a project leader or Program manager.
What do you bring along as a Business Development Manager?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, marketing or a technical degree in a related field;
- Experience in B2B, from start up to global corporations. Experience in electronics or cosmetics is a plus, and IT fluency, experience in online and social marketing is a plus;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task, excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Ecosystem (Word, Excel , Teams etc.);
- Ability to travel for an average of 20% of the time and very effective in online meetings.
What are your soft skills as a Business Development Manager?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ease with establishing a good relationship with your customers and partners;
- Structured in your working method, good analytical skills, diplomatic in your approach and able to enthuse the customer in the presented solutions and business opportunities.
Flexiramics is a young company that originated from the MESA+ Institute for nanotechnology. We are reaching a critical point in the further development of our small-scale production technology that allows development of the final product for some applications. The core competence of Flexiramics lies in making nanostructured ceramic materials, fibers or particles. Together with our engineering partners we work hard to scale up our production and together with our customers we develop products for the final application.
What can you expect from Flexiramics?
- An opportunity to be part of the development of Flexiramics to the next stage of technology and business;
- Working in a small team where your contribution will make an immediate difference;
- Learning from professionals and interacting with customer and partners;
- Lots of freedom to make the project a success depending on the achievement of our business objectives;
- An informal work environment with a healthy degree of flexibility to balance work and life;
- A salary that matches your expertise and experience, supplemented with growth potential related to business goals;
- 25 vacation days, with space to plan these days off;
- A personal bonus based on company objectives; we like to work as a team;
- Flexible working days, we’re concerned about output, not working hours.
Are you interested or do you want to know more?
Flexiramics has exclusively engaged Tjellens Career Professionals to find the right candidate. Tjellens takes care of the pre-selection and the first introductory meetings. Upon proven suitability, you will be employed directly by Flexiramics.
An assessment or test case can be part of this selection procedure.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call. Bob van den Berg (Senior Recruiter) (06) – 4210 7944 would be happy to assist you.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is expressly not appreciated.